Pre-Purchase Building and Pest Inspections
A Pre-Purchase Building and Pest Inspection Report involve a thorough inspection of the building and its immediate surroundings. The inspection will include multiple moisture measurement readings where appropriate and a full thermal imaging of the inside of the building. You will be emailed a full written report the same day as the inspection with colour photos and explanations on any found concerns.
All readily and safely accessible areas of the property are inspected including fences, yard, building exterior, building interior, sub-floor, roof exterior, and roof voids.
Structural Problems, including:
- Cracking & Movement;
- Structural Timber Pest Damage.
Conditions Conducive to Structural Damage, including:
- Defective Plumbing;
- Roof Plumbing & Flashings;
- Defective or Bridged Damp Proof Course;
- Un-tradesman-like Work;
- Trees & Shrubs;
- Lack of Sub Floor Ventilation.
Additions & Improvements
Serious Safety Hazards
Major Defects in Secondary & Finishing Elements
Minor Defects in the Condition of Non-Structural Elements
Signs of Timber Pests, including:
- Fungal Decay;
- Wood Borers;
- Subterranean Termites (including evidence, location & extent of activity, mudding & damage);
- Chemical Delignification.
Conditions Conducive to Timber Pest Attack including:
- Inadequate Subfloor Ventilation;
- Presence of Excessive Moisture;
- Untreated or Non-durable Timber used in a hazardous environment;
- Bridging or Breaching of the Termite Barrier;
- and/or “insufficient slab edge exposure”.
Evidence of Existing Termite Management Programs
Advice on Termite Prevention & Management
Benefits of Thermal Image Technology
- Helps us undertake a thorough and non-damaging inspection;
- Provides evidence of damage or pest infestations;
- Enables us to decide whether a property is a solid investment or not;
- Gives us an opportunity to point out any areas that may be undesirable about the property;
- Minimizes the time spent in checking for infestation or termite activity.
While a thermal image camera can perform numerous tasks seamlessly, there are some limitations to this type of technology and should not be relied on as a sole inspection tool. With complete visual and structural inspection, we can locate and determine any other concerns that exist on a particular property.
How Thermal Imaging Works
The technology behind thermal imaging is based on thermometers within the camera that can detect variations in heat. These areas are then displayed as images which we can then analyze and interpret.
Feedback from our customers
Judy Whicker, Gladstone